January 14, 2011

Weekend Love

I'm going to spend this January weekend:
  • enjoying my new chai tea mix
  • deep cleaning my bedroom: new sheets, scrubbing the hardwood floors, reorganizing my closet, and sorting my art supplies
  • Going to the beach with my best friends: Lauralen and Heidi!
  • Planning our girls getaway weekend to Monterey for this spring
  • Dressing up and going out to dinner somewhere in the Beach Cities--Manhattan or Hermosa
  • Meeting up with Lauren for a Sunday morning brunch and scrapbooking sess up in Sunland. Poor Lauren was sick with the stomach flu! 
  • Spending some more time with the Artist's Way--I've fallen behind on my morning pages!




Wishing you all a beautiful and relaxing weekend ahead!

2 comments:

kbockmann said...

I just started The Artist Way. I haven't even started the morning writings yet. I am not a morning person so I thought maybe afternoons could work. What are your thoughts on that? I am enjoying your posts.

{ j } said...

Hi Kim! Thanks for reading! :) Isn't the Artist's Way a great book? My mom, sister, plus a few friends of mine are also going through it.

I can completely relate to the dilemma of the mornings though--it has been extremely difficult for me to get up even earlier and write them before work. I experimented with different times of the day, and really found that the quality of deeper thought was the highest in the morning for me once I unscrambled my brain. It really helped me weed through the junk that I was hanging onto from the previous day and get more clarity for the day ahead. When I was writing them in the afternoons, I found that my brain was really cluttered and distracted by the activities that had already occurred that day. But I would just experiment with it, because it's a very individual process and each of us experience our highest energy levels and clearest thoughts at different times than other people.

I would love to hear what time of day you choose to write them.