- I love the picture above because I've been working on making my kitchen and eating spaces as cozy and inviting as possible lately so that I enjoy the process of slowing down and cooking more. I would love to sit down at this table and have breakfast each morning. I just can't get enough of freshly cut flowers and plants all around the house. My goal is to pick some out to bring home to my kitchen this week. Just a side note: World Market has the cutest little indoor herb garden kits out right now! All of these ideas just inspire to keep eating fresh and to spend more time cooking homemade, comforting meals.
- Preparing my meals on Sundays for the week ahead. This is such a huge help and has really become a therapeutic process for me. Today I made the delicious winter soup below that was featured on Cannelle et Vanille, a blog that you really must start following. She will inspire you to get into your kitchen and start chopping! This Lentil and Root Vegetable Soup recipe made an enormous pot that will make for some great lunches and dinners for me this week. Today I also bought myself a set of new knives (much needed!), so that I could tackle this recipe with the ease of chopping vegetables with good quality cutlery. So glad that I did!
- Wake up happy! My goal this week is to go to bed at a reasonable hour each night so that I can actually wake up feeling well-rested. This morning was the first time in a very long while that I slept that deeply the entire night! I want to feel that awake and energized every morning. I need time for tea and journaling my morning pages in my favorite nook in the house. I've set my desk up so that it faces a fantastic sunny window and so that it also looks out to the backyard where I can see the new grass and flowers shooting up. My goal this week is to wake up and immediately write five things for which I am thankful each morning. Having gratitude is such a powerful way to begin our days.
5. A new pet is such great medicine. After much deliberation and thought, I finally caved in and adopted a little 6-month old cat named Petunia from the local shelter. I can hardly wait until Tuesday afternoon when I can actually bring her home and get her settled in. Lauralen and I had so much fun shopping for all of Petunia's accessories on Saturday Night. Furry Mice Toys--Check. Collar--Check. Plush cat bed--Check. Litter Box and More--Check. Adorable Cat food and water dishes--Check. Too much fun!
I just might have to get Petunia a friend :)



No comments:
Post a Comment