I have 34 minutes left of work and I'm beyond bored. For me to stoop down and blog at work really tells you a lot. It's a gorgeous afternoon outside and I can only observe from my office window. (32 more minutes). I just wish a friend would call me up right about now and say "Hey! We're going to the mountains now. Grab your stuff and be ready in 5 minutes!" (31 more minutes). It would be the perfect afternoon for some climbing up by Mt. Emily or even a 45-min. run up to Pikes Peak.
But you know what I've been thinking about pretty much this whole afternoon? Of course you don't--that was just a teaser. (29 more minutes). I was thinking you know how God asks us to tithe 10% of our income to Him? Well, I know a lot of college students that don't tithe regularly and I'm one of the guilty at times as well. But I think we're even more guilty of only tithing 10% of our lives to God instead. I'm pretty sure if God had a choice between money and our lives, He would choose our lives and sometimes we even give Him way less than 10% even if we are "tithing".
But tithing 100% of my life freaks me out sometimes because my aspirations are really tied into this. And I feel like my aspirations are constantly tugging me against the grain or against the flow that society would like to predetermine for me. Even moreso, my aspirations or perhaps God's will for my life, seem to be pulling me in the opposite direction of relationships I really want to have right now.
So this is another case of what I like to call Theory Precedes Discovery, and I really hope that I eventually wind up at the discovery part sometime down the road.
1 comment:
Hey there, Jessie! I would have loved to have done something spontaneous with you today! My day at work was beyond slow and all I could think about was how badly I wanted to be doing something - anything - outside!
I love your blog!
lp
Post a Comment