April 2, 2006

3 Confessions, Maybe 4

  1. I became a Sudoku junkie over the weekend
  2. For two hours, I had the greatest fun salsa dancing on Saturday night
  3. I just joined Deviant Art, although I'm not sure why because I don't have a digital camera anymore (argh) and my time to work on graphic arts is oh so limited. http://jjmoore83.deviantart.com/ (Give it some time) Although Moveable Type and Illustrator are on the top of my To-Be-Bought List this summer...so look out deviants :)
  4. I'm supposed to be studying for my CHES exam right now.

Go here! http://www.pikeplacemarket.org Downtown Seattle charmed me last weekend with Greek veggie yeeros and Russian pastries weaving through flower markets and King Crabs.

I found this true today: "While pursuing a course of action apparently whole heartedly, I had changed behind my own back".~Anne Truitt in Daybook: The Journey of an Artist

Over break, I read "Housekeeping" known as a great modern classic by Marilynne Robinson who also wrote "Gilead" (2004). In the beginning I adored the book and raved about its beautiful language and depth while I scribbled numerous excerpts down. I sat on the beach every early morning, overlooking the Sea of Cortez, reading further and expecting much. However, by the end I seriously was beginning to feel like I was on some sort of dizzy drug. It became so linguistically deep and disconnected that I couldn't even see where it was leading to by the last page. I think I'm going to give Gilead a shot and hopefully Robinson won't lose me on another wild goose chase for resolution and clarity by the end.

No comments: