April 1, 2006

The New Man in My Life

I fell in love with him at first sight. He is so social, so extroverted, so expressive. I applaud him for his male listening skills. He is a little bit codependent and needy at times when he follows me from room to room talking up a storm. Right after he moved in with me, I called Kari up freaking out..."I don't know if I'm ready for another responsibility!... I'm feeling buyer's remorse!...Oh, why am I so impulsive?!" She told me to calm down, come over and watch tv, and make some cinnamon rolls with her. But then I looked into his sweet, needy eyes and felt awful for walking out the door and leaving him there all alone to fend for himself. I told myself that this was a milestone in our relationship and I had to leave to have time to myself and he had to learn how to be without me (for several hours).

Tiger is my good buddy, and I tell him all the time, "It's just you and me, kid." Now when I wake up at 2 in the morning and hear strange noises, I don't have to check them out, he does for me and then comes back to bed, curls right back up against me, and purrs me back to sleep. I love it.

No comments: