December 21, 2005

Seven

Seven things to do before I die:
1. Own a bookstore with an adjacent coffee shop
2. Become fluent in German and Italian
3. Travel to Bali, Thailand and East Timor on the same trip
4. Work for a NGO setting up health clinics in developing countries
5. Live in another country for a year or longer
6. Climb Mt. Whitney
7. Take a cross-country rockclimbing roadtrip one summer

Seven things I can (or will) not do:
1. Smoke
2. Be afraid to speak up when I think someone is being abused or harmed
3. Compromise my standards
4. Listen to Elton John and like it
5. Vote for Hilary Clinton
6. Karaoke
7. Gain the world and lose my soul

Seven things I say most often:
1. I hate being a poor college student. (to my parents regularly)
2. You're kidding me?! (to everyone)
3. So I've locked myself out again...(to the locksmith)
4. So I've been thinking...(to my parents--they hate this one and fear that it's regarding me dropping out of college)
5. Well, I better let you go... (to John)
6. Let's DO it! (to everyone)
7. My advisor is driving me mad! (to anyone within earshot at least once a week)

Seven books (or series) I love (these aren't necessarily my top 7, but they are 7 I love):
1. Gift From the Sea, Anne Morrow Lindbergh
2. The Purpose-Driven Life, Rick Warren
3. The Kite-Runner, can't remember the author's name
4. Simple Abundance, Sarah Ban Breathnach
5 The Life You've Always Wanted, John Ortberg
6. Travels with Myself and Another, Martha Gellhorn
7. I'm a Stranger Here Myself, Bill Bryson

Seven movies I can watch over and over again:
1. Any of the old James Bond movies with Sean Connery
2. Amelie
3. You've Got Mail (I love Meg Ryan in this movie!)
4. The Godfather I and II
5. Blue Crush (ha!)
6. Under the Tuscan Sun
7. Casablanca

Seven CDs that you could listen to over and over again without skipping any tracks.
1. A Day Without Rain, Enya
2. Destination: Beautiful, Mae
3. Waking Ashland's new album
4. The Final Straw, Snow Patrol
5. Farewell to the Familiar, Slow Coming Day
6. First Sessions, Norah Jones
7. Surfacing, Sarah McLachlan

1 comment:

Patrick Rodriguez said...

Interesting blog. And no, I am not a spammer.