Picnics, sweet peas, vintage jewelry, Venetian glass, dinner parties, lemons, Gemutlichkeit, pink necklaces, quotes, starry skies, snowy mountains reflecting pink sunsets, snowboarding, outdoor concerts, Suisse Mocha, Arcangelo Corelli, Vivaldi, used bookstores, antique stores, nutmeg, peach pie, sandals, French manicures, fireplaces, cashmere, smores, camping, bonfires, Yosemite, rockclimbing,white lights, tea lights, antique fabrics, gardens, Bruschetta, crepe and fondue parties, Amalfi, Italy, tea talks and art walks, holding hands, Greek architecture, olives, French pastries, praying, running, flying, waterfalls, Newsweek, political speculating, duvets, bamboo, ginger, Latin American music, scarves, the beach in the early morning, daffodils, mangoes and pineapple, art on the floor, road trips, skylights, pictures, journals, key lime pie

Venice, Italy. July.2005

Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic. November.2004

Cesky Krumlov
I lit candles, made Tazo Chai tea, and declared it art on the floor night. Sore from an afternoon of snowboarding icy runs and lifting weights at the gym yesterday, I needed a good reason to sprawl in the living room and scatter my paints and brushes. I painted some vintage postcards for friends and began to create my line of "summer postcards". Can you tell I'm craving the sun? I'm so cold that I'm still wearing my beanie that I wore snowboarding .
College Place is so awfully quiet right now. The masses have fled this holy suburb and left the cold and fog behind. Other than dinner with Jen and Corey the other evening, my social life has diminished into complacent solitude. I've finished reading "Gift From the Sea" by my newly-found heroine, Anne Morrow Lindbergh and have been scribbling excerpt upon excerpt into my journal. This is one insightful book that stirred my soul immensely and I would call it a book for a lifetime. You will never be too old or too young to read this amazing work.
I really miss my digital camera these days and am holding out for the compensation from the court. Yes, they caught the unruly crook who stole Lauralen's car and so many of our prized possessions. He has to have some drug bounty looted somewhere that can be promptly sent to us in a big fat envelope entitled "Reimbursement for your unnecessary suffering". I check the mailbox everyday.
No comments:
Post a Comment