Apparently, the Student Union is striking today against the price hikes for petroleum and in so doing have blocked the major routes out of Kathmandu with burning tires. (Nothing to be concerned about as an American though). As a result, my taxi driver informed me that we wouldn't be able to go to Chapagaon until tomorrow. I guess this gives me a day to catch up on email and to have a bit more leisure time before I dive into work at the health clinic.
I think I'll be getting a cell phone here in Nepal so that it will be easier for you all to get ahold of me when needed and I have a backup for emergencies. So I'll keep you all informed.
I'll most likely be returning to Kathmandu this weekend, so I'll have more time to update with additional pictures and happenings.
1 comment:
Jess! I've been thinking of you so much lately, wondering what new daily adventures you are having, and praying for you. Siggy and I are laying in the sun in your old room and missing you.
It sounds like while you were in Kathmandu you were really able to make it your own city. Beautiful writing... I'm so thankful I can see a bit of your world through your words and pictures.
Btw... Isaac and I baked your Cranberry Pecan cookies yesterday while listening to your lovely cd, and they were both delicious!! ha ha
I think my computer is fixed, and Siggy is now able to return to enjoying its warmth.
I'm so proud of you! Can't wait to see what you've been up to...
Love, Lauralen
Post a Comment