December 21, 2006
Made it to London safely after delayed flight and fog and scrambled to find my way through the city. But all is well in London and lovely. Joy and I went for a run early this morning and we're exploring downtown and iceskating this afternoon...


Email to Home Excerpt:
December 22, 2006
I had quite a time getting to her aunt's place on Wednesday evening and was dead tired after we ran around and saw a few sights that night. It has been extremely foggy and freezing cold here, but it's an amazing city. I love it much more than I ever thought I would. We've spent a lot of time in Trafalgar Square, frequented the Cafe Rocher, explored the incredible National Portrait Gallery as well as the Photography Gallery, and saw a show on the West End last night. We met up with Joy's friend Selena and explored Covent Gardens which is an ancient marketplace known for its upscale shops, street entertainment, and Christmas booths. Much fun. We've been doing a lot of running and climbing 10 stories of stairs to get to and from her aunt's apartment. This is the best diet 've ever been on. Been trying to get used to the traffic driving on the opposite side of the road as well and I never know which way to look. I almost got decked by a double-decker bus...great tourist memory. haha.
Today we are going to Somerset House to iceskate, since we didn't get that done yesterday. We are also going to see the Blackfriars Bridge, the Tate Museum of Modern Art, and ride the London Eye tonight so that we can see the city's lights.
Today we are going to Somerset House to iceskate, since we didn't get that done yesterday. We are also going to see the Blackfriars Bridge, the Tate Museum of Modern Art, and ride the London Eye tonight so that we can see the city's lights.
Newspaper Article Excerpt:
December 20, 2006
LONDON (CNN) --"Dense fog in London is putting a damper on the travel plans for thousands of travelers, many of them trying to get away for the Christmas holiday."

No comments:
Post a Comment