October 23, 2006

A few of my favorite things...


  1. Water. I love that water is the common denominator in so many of my simplest joys: A steaming pot of Darjeeling Tea, hot autumn breakfasts with oat bran and raspberries on the stove, waterfalls, Spa Days, snowflakes, lemonade, pedicures, and vases of fragrant roses in my windowsill.
  2. Road Trips . I love road maps and atlases for which my glovebox is not large enough. I love this travel link: http://www.latourex.org/latourex_en.html. Someday I hope that I will be brave, courageous, and crazy enough to try traveling in all these ways.

3. Christmas Markets. I love those adorable vintage 50's tree ornaments in baby blue and white. I love caramel apples, peanut brittle and the idea of popcorn balls. I love seeing egg nog in the grocery store and just can't resist buying a carton although I'll never drink more than one glass of the stuff and it will rot in the back of the fridge until Valentine's Day. Just because I can't part with the sentimentally festive idea of egg nog.

Venice, Italy: Christmas 04

Christkindlmarkt: Salzburg, Austria. December 04.

5. Making Invitations. I so want to host a fall harvest party. I even sketched an invitation out...

No comments: