3 weeks left! 3 weeks left! 3 weeks left!
I will have officially completed this internship in 3 weeks from now!
I've been traveling up to Berkeley about every week and a half for the last month to work as a health counselor and have been really enjoying my 32 hour getaways from the IE (Inland Empire). Although, Saturday was a beautiful and much-needed change of pace. Having Isaac come down for the weekend and visit was the perfect reason for a beach occasion. After Sabbath school and church in Loma Linda, Isaac, Chad, Brenda, and I hit the 91 westbound for Dana Point to meet up with Matt and some of his Argentina comrades as well as the Haytons. I hadn't seen Juliana in 2 years! The last time being right before I flew out for Prague. It truly was a serenely gorgeous day on Dana Point's Beach. Surfing, swimming, some catch football, beach volleyball, bocce, lying around on blankets with books and just talking till the sun set. I just felt so blessed to drink in sun and surf with such great friends for a day. I enjoyed cruising down on the Pacific Coast Highway from beachtown to beachtown: Newport Beach, Corona Del Mar, Laguna Beach, Dana Point... taco shacks, seafood restaurants, boutiques, surf shops, art galleries, outdoor cafes...I need more days like those.
Heidi and I had the most fun Friday afternoon with our books by her condo's pool and then the greatest antique hunt for the perfect vintage jewelry in Redlands with frappucinos in hand. We made fun of ourselves for becoming stereotypical SoCal blondes for the day.
Sunday was such a beautiful and mild day too. I spent the afternoon in the backyard studying French, reading Henry Miller, and enjoying the mist from the sprinkler. It felt so good to work out at the Drayson and to bump into some Walla Walla friends that I hadn't seen in quite awhile. Everyone is back in town with Med school starting up and it's really interesting to see how intimidated and nervous the first-years really are everytime I talk to them.
No comments:
Post a Comment